- Patriotic crafts (check out Enchanted Learning for some fun ideas like patriotic pinwheels and windsocks! FamilyFun also has some great printables)
- Poems, songs, and finger-plays- this is a great way to teach your little one about our country! (Check out Activity Idea Place for a whole bunch of ideas!)
- Delectable snacks (try a fruit flag pizza , spangled sandwich pops, revolutionary berries, or a patriotic red white and blue drink!)
- Attend a flag ceremony (check with local scout troops- they might perform one on flag day)
- Go on a flag hunt- walk around the neighborhood and count all the U.S. flags. Kids can also write down or draw observations about these flags.
- After learning about the U.S. flag, create a special flag that represents your fantastic family!
Have a wonderful flag day!