- itty bitty bookworm- this will be our most structured learning time of the day. I will be starting in September and can hardly wait! I do know that I will have to modify this curriculum to meet the needs of my little miss smarty pants!
- montessori learning based activities- I am not sure yet how I will implement this.... unfortunately it is taking the back burner until I figure something out.
- religious learning (weekly lesson from Nursery Manual) as well as reading scriptures daily with mommy
- nursery rhymes- maybe have a "rhyme time" every day where we will repeat favorite rhymes, or learn a new one... I will be printing off the Nursery Rhymes I found here and placing them in a binder that my daughter can sit and read whenever! I am thinking about doing these on the days we aren't doing religious teaching...
- theme based learning ideas- such as 5 senses, Feelings, 123's.... I would love to get a schedule for these- but as of right now.... there is none! I think up until Christmas we will just have a lot of the holiday themes (Halloween, thanksgiving, etc) with lessons that she might be needing or that come up through our play.
- review of ABC's, Colors, Shapes- just in everyday play. not ready for a letter of the week yet. I will be starting that when she is more comfortable writing. My daughter is obsessed with the alphabet and we spend lots of time during free play singing the ABC song or playing with her Leap Frog Alphabet Magnet Set.
- added large motor skill activities ('cuz thats what she loves)- nothing scheduled (as of yet)- just more a reminder to myself to add these activities throughout the day since I am not a sporty momma! but i want more days at the park, more walks on the nature trail, more visits to the duck pond... that is what childhood is about and I don't want to rob that of my daughter 'cuz I am too giddy for lesson planning.
- music time whether its playing an instrument, singing, or dancing- music is a big part of our family and I want to instill that in my daughter! I would like to work on some basics with her- lots of clapping exercises to give her a good sense of rhythm which will help later on when she starts piano lessons.
- art time- whether open ended or coloring a picture, there can never be too much art!
One more week.... and then I am forcing myself to have my days organized!
Happy Planning and Teaching!!!