Here are the scheduled activities and some ideas that I think are worth mentioning:
Wear Yellow! My husband and I are both planning on participating in these color days by wearing the colors!
Yellow collage- take a piece of yellow cardstock, collect yellow stickers, and cut out some basic yellow shapes for the collage. I was originally going to do this activity with my daughter but I am doing something similar with her color book so I might not do this one.
Work on color book- gluing pictures of yellow things into pages of a blank book. I just printed 10 pictures of yellow things such as a sun, baby chick, pencil, lemon, etc. I am going to have my little one help me glue/place these items on 2 pages of a 20 page book. There will be 2 pages dedicated to each color. If I am feeling particularly brave I will have her do some yellow painting on the pages and then glue the items on top of the dried paint.
Muffin Tin Monday- a yellow feast!- I am going to prepare dinner for the family in the good ole' tin tonight! Planning on corn, banana, macaroni and cheese (more orangey, but it will work!), and a yellow cake for dessert!
We're Going on a Yellow Hunt- my little one and I are going to go on a walk in search of things that are YELLOW. I will place things around our living room- such as a yellow plastic egg, marker, crayon, block, and other small toys. We will collect them all in a basket and play again if she so chooses. So we tried that activity- must have been too many structured activities- she picked up two or three items and was ready to just play.
Bath Paints- In the tub we will paint with yellow, blue, and red paints as a review on those three colors. I will probably be doing this activity Thursday or Friday with my little one.
Color Squares- I will introduce red, yellow, and blue color squares to my little one today (paint cards from Home Depot). Every day that we are working on colors I will take out these cards, label them with her verbally, and have her try and point out the yellow, red, or blue ones. By the end of this week I am hoping for mastery on these three colors... but we will see!!! As of today, my little one thinks that all three colors are yellow!
Other fun ideas:
- get a yellow balloon from the grocery store
- sing "star" songs such as twinkle twinkle little star
- read the story 5 Little Ducks Went Out to Play
- drink lemonade or other yellow fruit juice
- make a necklace with yellow beads to wear
- crayon coloring with a yellow crayon
- teach your little one the sign for yellow
- make yellow place mats to use for the day
- have some yellow flowers as a centerpiece
- dye water yellow and freeze in ice cube trays
- eat yellow Popsicles
- make banana bread
- go to the dollar store and see what yellow things you can buy for cheap!
- go feed ducks (yellow beaks)
- sudsy color bottle (add soap, water, and food coloring to a clear plastic bottle and let your little one shake it all about!) THANKS KJ FOR THIS IDEA!!
Check out this link for more ideas!